Thursday 21 February 2013

TGIF


Thanks God Its Friday
The Friday fever has lost its hotness. The excitement is gone. I mean who be part of that ‘first day first show race’. The better idea seems to be waiting for your friends, real or virtual, to give their views. It has been about five years I haven’t felt that excitement to chase the 10 pm deadline to catch a late night show on a Friday. There was a time I even went for movies like Aisha and Hero which bombed at the box office. But I liked them. If you, by any chance, miss all the hype and hoopla built around, you would hardly know when a movie comes and goes and includes all the humongous people working in it. India audience has now started rejecting the english movies as well. They are not in awe with them anymore. Nobody wants to see ‘every time same’ heros and wax-coated actresses. I mean I am sick of seeing those regular actresses with no substance. We have matured and movie makers should not take us lightly. The preconceived rules need to be changed. The once jhola-chapp writers are in demand and rehashing is no no. It’s a problem of scarcity. 

No comments: